Thursday, August 5, 2010

IN AWE

So as I sat at the Bowling Family benefit concert the other night just watching video clips of them being interviewed after their bus accidient. (for those who don't know THe Bowling family is a southern gospel group and friends of my family that were almost killed in a bus accident about a month ago) all the family kept saying were how blessed they were, and how they praise God, and God is so good, it was so humbling!  Their world was totally turned upside down with all the medical issues, plus not being able to work for about 3 months and yet they still sat back to consider their blessings and give God all the glory remembering everything works for his Glory! No matter what we are going through or where we are at this point in our life we should always (myself included) when something goes wrong, Praise God!, when something goes right, Praise God!, when nothing is going on Praise God! and wait for something! I know all this is easier said than done, trust me i know. but anyways.....PRaise God! :) lol

So we went to lifeway bookstore last night and they have some really cute wall art decal type things,( i don't know what they are called though )once i decide where i'm gonna put them i may take a picture and post, (hah this could take a while b/c it takes me forever to make a decision! haha) I get "overwhelmed" as my family likes to joke. Speaking of family I love them so much!  I've truley been blessed with an awesome tight knit family. love you guys!

ON to the CUPCAKE FOR TODAY.....this one is for my aunt Libbi b/c she loves LEMON CELLO cake from Nana Rosa (one of our fave restuarants in Hendersonville!)


LEMON CELLO CUPCAKES

Yield: 1 dozen

For the cupcakes:

1½ cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

2 ounces (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature

2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature

1 cup granulated sugar

3 large eggs

2 tablespoons limoncello

½ cup buttermilk

¼ cup lemon juice

Zest of one lemon



For the lemon curd:

Zest of 2 lemons

½ cup lemon juice

¼ cup granulated sugar

1 egg + 1 egg yolk



For the cream cheese limoncello frosting:

2 ounces (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature

4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature

1 tablespoon limoncello

2 cups powdered sugar, sifted



1. Prepare the cupcakes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and position a rack in the center. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and creamy, 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the limoncello and beat an additional minute. On low speed, add flour mixture and buttermilk alternatively, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely.



2. Prepare the lemon curd. In a heavy medium saucepan, stir together the lemon zest, juice and sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and egg yolk. Whisk the lemon mixture into the eggs to temper them. Scrape the mixture back into the saucepan and place over medium heat, whisking constantly until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and let cool completely.



3. Prepare the cream cheese limoncello frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the limoncello and beat for an additional minute. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the sifted powdered sugar and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.



4. Assemble the cupcakes. Cut a hole into each cupcake with the large end of a melon baller or the back end of a large pastry tip. Fill each cavity with the lemon curd. Fill a pastry bag with a star tip with the cream cheese limoncello frosting and pipe onto each cupcake. Decorate with lemon and berries, if desired.




I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!! :)

9 comments:

  1. I am loving reading your Blog - it connects me with my sweet girl everyday! I am so proud of you and the growth I see in your Faith. Know that I love you and am here for you always but honestly - I don't know how much I can take of reading the recipes - I am getting fatter just imagining! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed there is no Calories on this cupcake...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try those!!! Love the blog today!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background! I remembered seeing it a while back when searching for blogger templates. When I heard the name of your blog, I knew I had to find it! :)
    I'm gonna gain 20 lbs. with all these cupcake recipes. . . keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so stinkin cute:) I absolutely LOVE it!! You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're creative too ciji!! :) thanks to adrian i have this nice cupcake background! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, love, love your blog!!! So happy to see this and the cupcakes sound delish! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this cupcake thing. they r my favorite. glad u have this. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS BLOG!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete