Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My First Time Blogging

So....this is my first time blogging! ah kinda exciting! If you are wondering why my blog is called the Daily Cupcake, WELL i'm not really sure other than the fact that cake is my favorite food of all time, plus i thought that maybe thru this blog i could help encourage some people or help them see how Jesus can be our life long cupcake (if that makes any sense at all).  hah i know this is so cheesy and I'm not comparing Jesus to a cupcake because he is SOOOO much better than that, i'm just making an analogy i guess..???.  I know after i post this i will be like talking to myself saying "really brittany, you said Jesus could be your life long cupcake".  For me I want God to be my daily cupcake, the thing that fills my cup!  Now being a christian, this doesn't mean it's all give me give me give me from God, we are to live our life to the fullest through salvation in Jesus Christ, we are to walk in "his" ways and keep "his" commands, and through that his blessing will be new everyday.  I mean the least we could do is try to life a life for him right???, after all he sent his son to die for us!
"My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, declares the Lord, as the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts" Isaiah 55:8-9

"Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all of their heart" Psalms 119:2
OK...so I PROMISE every day will not be a bible lesson! I am still growing and learning and trying to better myself everyday just like the rest of us.

So I am definitley blogging at work! VIOLATION as we here in the office joke. hahah. I think every day (or everyday that i blog at least) also I will post the Recipe for a different kind of Cupcake, i guess to along with the theme here. (oh this is fun!) 


Lets Start with.........the STRAWBERRYS AND CREAM CUPCAKE!

Bake these gorgeous summer berry cupcakes

The fruit purée in the icing gives a fab yogurty flavour and makes them seem less sinful.

Preparation time: 20 minutes

Cooking time: 20 minutes

Makes 12 cupcakes

for the cakes:

175g (6oz) unsalted butter, softened

175g (6oz) caster sugar

3 large free-range eggs, beaten

175g (6oz) self-raising flour, sifted

1tsp vanilla extract

for the frosting:

400g (14oz) full-fat Philadelphia cheese

300g (10oz) icing sugar, sifted

250g (9oz) strawberries, blended to a purée



1 Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4 and line a 12-tin muffin tray with cupcake cases. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in the eggs, adding a little of the flour if the mixture looks like it’s about to split.

2 When the eggs have been incorporated, add the vanilla and fold in the flour. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and cook on the middle shelf of the oven for about 20 minutes, until they are risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.

3 Meanwhile, make the icing. Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and strawberry purée together to form a shiny icing. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe in swirls on to the cooled cakes, then top each with a strawberry segment. Keep cool until you are ready to serve. These cakes should not be kept waiting longer than an hour. The cupcakes can be frozen un-iced for up to a month.

Per cupcake: 500 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated), 54g carbohydrate

4 comments:

  1. Great thing to do, and so cute!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! The Daily Cupcake has come to life! LOVE it!!
    I'll add you to my blogroll - and I've gotta try those cupcakes. They look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title....wouldnt except anything else, its so you...cant wait to read...Love you, and so proud of your growth in Christ....

    p.s.just noticed those cupcakes have 500 calories per cupcake...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YALL FOR LOOKING!! YAY!!

    THANK YOU RACHEL! I LOVE YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete