Thursday, August 26, 2010

IT'S BEEN A WHILE..........

A verse I loved yestarday in Lamentations, and for those of you who do not know, Lamentations is a book written by probaly Jeremiah from a stand point of being inside the captivity in the old testament. Lament means to cry or weep, be sorrowed. Jeremiah showed grief not for the people in captivity but for God, b/c it broke Gods heart how the people kept disobeying after he forgave and forgave over and over, he finally handed them over, bc they clearly thought their way was best. but of course we know he ways comes back to redeem us!! anyways.......even though this is old testament stuff this very much can apply to today!!! The sin in our own lives and in the the lives of others should break our heart for God, b/c he cares so much for us, but after a while of constant disobeying he will let you live how you want to and remove his hand from you! (i've sooo been there! and it's the scariest place ever to be!!, you either WAKE up after that happens or you keep going down the crooked path to destruction!) wow i get off on sooo many tangents!!! this verse sums it up.

ch 1 vs: 5- Her adversaries have become her masters, her enemies prosper; for the Lord has caused her grief b.c of the multitude of her transgression her children have gone into exile, captive before the foe.


and this VERSE I JUST LOVED!!!!!

Lamentations 3:22-28 (New International Version)


22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.


OK LAST night, we (the bible study class im in on wednesday nights) had the oppurtunity to visit the womens shelter up in Gallatin and even though we were not there that long it was definitley an eye opening expierience! I mean most of us live in this "little bubble" of suburban life and it's like we honestly never consider the people, the women who literally have no where else to go other than a shelter!  Thank God for places like the shelters that really do help the people who need it.  It made me realize how much I take for granted! the stupid things that really don't even matter like shampoo, curtians, flooring!..........I mean...i catch myself all the time saying stuff like " I need new make up, or i need this or i need, that and I have been really trying to stop and say "no brittany you WANT those things".......b/c in reality we do not need half the stuff we really "want".......... makes me wanna give away all my stuff.......


speaking of stuff i want......i want a CUPCAKE!! HAHAH  THE CUPCAKE FOR TODAY IS.........kinda of end of summer tribute!!!

                               RAINBOW CUPCAKES!!!





1 white cake mix


2 eggs

1 C sour cream

1/2 C milk

1/3 C vegetable oil

5 GEL FOOD COLORS- You'll want gel food colors for this, not the little bottles of liquid. Gel color adds a ton of color with a small amount of dye. You can find gel colors at craft stores like Michaels and Roberts, and in the cake decorating isle of Walmart. If using red, make sure to get the one that says "No Taste"



Combine all ingredients until incorporated (about 30 seconds). Scrape sides of bowl and then beat on med-high speed for 3 minutes.

Divide batter according to how many colors you are using. I used 5 colors and it worked out to a little over 1 cup for each color.

Use food coloring to color batter to desired intensity. I used a 1/4 t and they were very bright! You could easily make pastel rainbows using a little less.

To get a layered stripe like I used, you'll want to put a spoonful of each color in the cupcake one at a time. The batter is thick, so it won't spread on it's own. A great tip is to set out a little bowl of water where you're working. Dip your finger in the water and then gently spread the batter out. The water will make it so the batter doesn't stick to your fingers.


Another tip is to use a measuring spoon and some water to measure out how many teaspoons/tablespoons are going to fit in your cupcake. Then divide that by how many colors you have so you know how much of each color to use for each cupcake. For my 5 colors, it worked out perfectly with 2 t of each color in each cupcake. So I put in 2 t of blue in the bottom of each cupcake and spread it out with my finger. Then I put in 2 t of green on top of that, then yellow, etc.

Bake them according to the package directions, until a toothpick comes out dry. I love how you can see the rainbow through the papers. If you want blue on top, just reverse the order (duh, right?)


ps. I USED TO LOVE RAINBOW BRIGHT!! SHE WAS AWESOME!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! I love the rainbow cupcakes...they look awesome! And I had a Rainbow Bright doll, too!! She's the coolest:)

    ReplyDelete